Our Mission: Keep The Kids Connected to Fun & Education with Portable Devices
Our mission is to provide the simple childhood joys of movies, music, stories, games, and learning to brave children fighting deadly forms of childhood cancer such as Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Myeloma.
PeppedUp! was started by a cancer survivor and we feel that sometimes the best medicine can be a simple escape from the daily grind of the disease and the pains that come with it. Together we can help children who must spend time in boring hospitals, dull waiting rooms, and painful procedures by putting the comforts of their favorite types of entertainment right in the palms of their hands.
With your help, we can provide brave children battling cancer the movies, books, music, and games they enjoy at home or school, anywhere they need be!
What We Do... The Things That Bring Smiles
The services that PeppedUp! strives to provide with the help of your generous donations.
- We provide portable devices to children in hospitals and clinics.
- We fund fun events at hospitals and clinics.
- We provide gift cards to well known online retailers for children to purchase books, games, and music for devices they already own.
- We equip treatment and examination rooms with entertainment for children to enjoy cartoons or games while waiting or being treated.
- We provide doctors with devices to use for diversional therapy when patients receive lengthy treatments or procedures.
- We sponsor entertainment rooms at local hospitals.
- We raise awareness of childhood cancer.
AZ Midday: 12 Who Care Honoree
PeppedUp! is honored to have been chosen to be one of the 2013 12 Who Care Honorees
We are truly honored to have been selected for the 12 Who Care Award, sponsored by The RoomStore, for our efforts in helping children with cancer have fun through portable devices.
On May 7th, 2013, we had the pleasure of sharing our story with Destry Jetton on live television! Watch our Founder's interview with Arizona Midday to learn more about our mission to pep up kids with cancer.
Watch the Interview
Coping with childhood cancer...
Story by Raising Arizona Kids Magazine
Check out this great video from Raising Arizona Kids Magazine, featuring PeppedUp! Patient, Brody. Learn how a portable device can lift the spirits of children battling deadly diseases.
Watch the video to see how your donations are impacting the lives of children by bringing them joy and fun!
Cancer is the number one cause of death for children under the age of 15
1 in 300 children will develop some form of cancer before the age of 20
30 or more children are diagnosed with cancer every day, about 12,500 every year
2,500 children and teens will die this year from childhood cancer
Childhood cancer consists of 12 major types, one-third of which are some form of Leukemia
Most childhood cancer cases are not diagnosed until the disease moves into more advanced stages making treatments harder